In business the greatest threat to the information and data within your business is the speed to which you and your staff have access. Problems like everyone’s email not working are a big decision, but it is easy to delegate the repair to either internal teams or external companies. When things go wrong you want them fixed NOW and fixed FAST.
What about the niggly things? Your user wants to print to the third tray on the printer and cannot, your receptionist wants to send out a letter but the mail merge database is no longer connected.
As a business owner or management level executive you don’t want to triage the problems. Most of the time the management or staff does not have the time or the expertise to look at and resolve the problem, and often the person with the problem is told to “get over it”. This is not a good state of affairs. The problem then festers and grows till it does have a major impact on the business.
The best solution for these problems is to get them fixed. How can you do that without additional cost to the business? What you then have is a catch 22 situation.
Wouldn’t it be better just to contact your support company and know that it is all covered under the managed services agreement?
The business world is full of computer support and managed services companies that want your money, now don’t get me wrong we are a managed services company, and a good one at that, just ask our clients. The difference between the other MSP’s and us is that we take ownership of any and all of your technical problems.
So what is the benefit of being one of our clients?
If you have signed up for out 5Nines support program, especially the platinum plan – trouble free technology – then all of your problems are our problems. Your problems are our problems, we take ownership of any problems or complaints that are generated by your staff during working hours that are related to computers, printers, internet, and email… practically anything.
Unfortunately we have no control over the coffee in the lunch room but for a taste of the problems we will fix:
• My mail is not working = our problem; solution – remote in or send technician onsite; Cost to you $0 (covered as part of the Service Level Agreement (SLA)).
• How do I create a mail merge document in word 2003 or 2007 = our problem; Solution – remote in and talk user through problem and show what needs to be done; Cost to you $0 (covered under the SLA)
• Helpdesk has noticed that one of the computers is reacting sluggishly = our problem; Solution – remote in and fix problem and then report to management; Cost to you $0
• System reports problem with a service on the server = our problem – Solution – dispatch technician; Cost to you $0
• My computer is not working = our problem; Solution – dispatch a technician with a “loaner computer” then replace and repair; Cost to you $0
The SLA dictates when they will be seen and response times to problems associated with your network. They are an agreement between you and the MSP to ensure that you and your technology is protected 24/7.
Service levels should relate to items like these but they also depend on a triage process to ensure that a small problem is not related to a bigger unidentified problem .
• Server crash = our problem – Technician onsite within 60 Minutes; Cost to you $0
• Workstation Crash = our problem – Technician onsite within 60 Minutes; Cost to you $0
• Service down = our problem – Technician working on the problem remotely within 30 Minutes; Cost to you $0
• Printer problem = our problem – Within 4 hours; Cost to you $0
• User problem = our problem – Next business day; Cost to you $0
Finally, for any business there needs to be metrics that are measured and reported on. This is also true about your managed service provider. Daily, weekly and monthly reports on the condition of your infrastructure are important for decision making. To improve your business and ensure that the technology is correct and directed at your business, a quarterly report and meeting should also be included as a standard for your managed service.
As you can see not all managed service providers are the same and it is a case of choosing the right one for your business. R & I ICT Consulting Services can help manage and solve these important IT decisions and leave you with more time to get on with the day to day running of your business.